Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Financiers :: Food



I am not a big fan of apricots but when I saw these ones, well shaped with their beautiful orange skin I couldn't resist and bought some with the idea of cooking them into a French Riviera french style.


I first wanted to combine them with lavender but also remembered I was not that much into this flower in kitchen so I had some doubts about the result.
I then switch to pine nuts, which are one of my favorites nuts and that match so well with this kind of slightly acid fruits.
Only the crickets were missing for a perfect French Riviera moment !


Makes 5 big financiers

80 gr icing sugar
30 gr flour
30 gr almond powder
1 pinch of salt
2 egg whites
10 cl olive oil
2 apricots
1 handful pine nuts

* Preheat your oven on  210°C.
* In a big bowl mis the icing sugar stiffed with flour and almond powder.
* Add egg whites one after each whisking well between.
* Add the olive oil and whisk until well combined.
* Roast the pine nuts into a hot frying pan until well golden and diced the apricots.
* Add them into the mixture and mix to combine. Make sure to save few apricots slices and pine nuts for topping.
* Pour the mixture into financiers mold (or muffin ones such as here) up to 3/4.
* Top with the apricots and pine nuts remaining and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until your financiers are well golden !
* Once they are done wait 5 minutes and place them on a rack. Allow to cool down completely before eating.








... FOLLOW ME ON ...

Facebook :: Pinterest :: Instagram (@une_touche_de_rose)

No comments:

Post a Comment