Regarding the bad weather we currently have and that is not ready stop, why don't we go back on delicious cake instead of fresh summer salads?
I've decided to take advantage of this crap weather to bake a kind of "comfort cake" and I'm pretty happy with the result: a soft and moist almond dough under a slightly crunchy top, everything on a delicious bed of blueberries. It couldn't have been better when it's pouring down outside !
Feel free to use other fruits instead of blueberries, as long as they are juicy ;)
50 gr flour
100 gr almond powder
150 gr icing sugar
200 gr butter
5 egg whites
pinch of salt
1 small blueberries basket
* Preheat your oven on 170°C.
* Slowly melt the diced butter into a small sauce pan on low heat, it should takes around 10 minutes. Once its done, set aside allow to cool.
* Meanwhile place all dry ingredients (flour, almond powder, icing sugar and salt) into a big bowl and stir to combine.
* Beat the egg whites with a fork until foamy and pour them into the dry ingredients mixture.
* Add the melted butter and mix well.
* Add the blueberries and gently stir with a wooden spoon to spread them well into the dough.
* Pour the dough into a non-sticky 20 cm rond or square mold and bake 35 to 40 minutes or until well golden and a stick comes out clear.
* Serve warm or cold !
... FOLLOW ME ON ...